Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cast Away, Wilson

This assignment gave me and many of my classmates technical issues. We were to take a movie trailer, re-cut it and change, mood, plot and even overall feeling of the movie. I first decided to make The Jungle Book into a horror movie. This was quite difficult; between all the technical errors i encountered and just plain lack of clips work became hard for this. I decided to re-plan my strategy for this assignment. I needed a concrete plot to follow, that really affected the beginning movie's mood, and feeling. Cast Away is a movie about a man trapped on an island, and his physical and psychological struggles as he attempts to survive. Going a bit crazy he be-friends a volleyball, which he names Wilson. My trailer looked closer into this companion, and I really tried to humanize Wilson. I attempted to give it a nostalgic feeling, like a love story almost. This proved quite challenging but after a lot of playing around with the movie's clips and even adding whole new audio it was achieved pretty well i think.

No comments: