Wednesday, October 1, 2008


Our teacher assigned us to do a drawing of a chess piece using value and movement in the background. I decided to draw a rook. After many drafts and rough copies I finally chose the position I wanted to draw it in. The background took a lot of effort to come up with. I had many different choices to pick from with this project. I started by drawing the top of the chess piece and working on making my way down the chess piece until it ran off the page. I drew this with the "growing drawing " technique. This requires you to draw each part with detail then move on to the next. After I finished drawing the actual chess piece I began to draw the background. I feel my background gives the feeling that you are being sucked into my drawing. The curvy lines give a kind of lazed pull into the top corner of the paper. I think i acquired the needed criteria for this assignment.

No comments: