Monday, June 13, 2011

Industry vs. Environment


In our class we have been assigned to do a project showing the relation of Industry and Environment through photos and sound. Now I don't want to talk much about what I did for this project but I'd like to envelope a little bit on my concept. I am really looking at a unique side of this battle. I do believe that yes, the inevitable cause of human life on this earth, industry, does have a negative affect on the environment. But today we live in a very unique time that finds the perfect balance. My concept for this project was to believe that we are not destroying our environment, we are creating a new one. Look around Toronto even; the countless parks, high park, queens park, the Humber river, not to mention it's situated next to a great lake. We live in a very odd time where we see these two forces intertwine, we sit in balance waiting for ourselves to be able to control nature, and completely shape the environment to our will. Until then we live in a world undefined by it's principals against nature, but it's virtue towards growth.





No comments: